Huntington Ingalls Industries AMSEC Project Management Analyst 4 in San Diego, California
AMSEC Project Management Analyst 4
114 - AMSEC MMTS - 11401 - C4I SUBMARINE
External Job Description:
Employment is contingent upon candidate obtaining a final secret security clearance.
Position Specifics: The selected candidate will develop technical proposals and Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMS) in support of US Navy contracts. Additionally, candidate may be asked to provide support to document control function dependent upon workload.
Qualified candidates must possess the following skills/experience:
• Experience writing technical proposals for Naval surface, submarine, and shore platforms.
• Experience developing Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMS) for Naval surface, submarine, and shore platforms.
• Experience reading and interpreting NAVSEA drawings required.
• Must be fluent with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Project.
• Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a final secret security clearance.
• Experience developing Redlined drawings for Naval surface, submarine, and shore installations preferred.
• Experience conducting Naval surface, submarine, and shore C4I installations as well as repair work preferred.
• Associates degree or higher in business, communications, or similar field preferred.
Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
May require working in an office, industrial, shipboard, or laboratory environment. Capable of climbing ladders and tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances.
Auto req ID:
AMSEC Project Management Analyst 4 (Technical Writer)
10 Years relevant experience with Bachelors; 8 Years relevant experience with Masters; An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement for this job. This experience is in addition to the relevant years of experience listed with the job's education requirements. Example: If this job required a Bachelor's degree + 5 years relevant experience the equivalency would equal HS diploma + 9 years job related experience.
AMSEC is a subsidiary of Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII). Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear and Environmental, and Oil and Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
San Diego-California-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.