MedImpact, Inc. Business Systems Analyst in San Diego, California
Business Systems Analyst (GPS)
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Business Systems Analyst is a liaison between end-users/clients, GPS staff members and the Information Technology department. The position is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating basic to moderately complex business systems and user needs. The role also formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies and writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to create best-in-class solutions that integrate technology, information, and business processes
- Matches appropriate technology solutions to business needs
- Identifies, plans, develops, implements, and maintains business systems solutions that support Government Programs & Service’s operational needs
- Maintains current understanding of file layouts, relationships, & logic and how they operate in MedImpact’s business applications
- Provides technical consultation to the GPS team and related internal stakeholders
- Writes detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify business systems
- Translates requirements into business, system & functional requirements and partners with IT Developers in translating requirements into design specifications
- Develops queries to research, gather data and identify solutions
- Attends all Rapid Response Meetings and develops audit related queries
- Provides technical query support for any related audit activity (financial, PDE, Recovery, Program, and/or Data Validation Audits)
- Provides query support to the GPS department to include, but not limited to the following: PDE team members, Analysts and Program Managers for Medicare, Medicaid and Marketplace programs
- Performs various types of analysis related to business and system changes/enhancements (gap, impact, risk etc.)
- Supports Program Managers in the creation and monitoring of service and trouble requests
- Assists Program Managers in creating and maintaining related documentation/material pertinent to identified changes, such as work, data or process flows, analytical reports, decision support structures, use cases, as well as business rules, report design/mock-ups, etc.
- Assist Program Managers in creating and maintaining project plans including task identification, prioritization, and sequencing of project tasks, test plans, and user acceptance testing
- Participates in developing and executing communication and training plans relevant to implemented changes
- Utilizes planning, prioritizing, and organizational skills to ensure timely deliverables, high levels of quality, and efficient use of resources to achieve reporting timeliness and accuracy
- Maintains commitment to operational goals in the face of obstacles
- Collaborates and cultivates positive relationships with internal and external customers through delivery of sustainable, measurable, accurate, reliable, and timely results that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Promptly responds to service failures, resolves issues, and escalates concerns as appropriate
- Promotes continuous improvement by ensuring adherence to quality principles
- Seeks out and actively participates in business initiatives that contribute to service excellence
- Actively participates in continued professional development to stay up to date on the latest technical and information management enhancements and data management best practices
*Education and/or Experience *
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree (or an equivalent combination of education and job related experience) along with five (5) to eight (8) plus years’ job related experience (required) in Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM), Pharmacy, Managed Healthcare or similar role.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Outlook) to create complex documents, manage schedules, and analyze data
- Business user of multiple software applications and processing systems
- Working knowledge of key business application such as SQL coding, Oracle forms, Golden 32, MedOptimize, knowledgeable of UNIX operating systems
*Other Skills and Abilities *
Ability to effectively balance a high volume of work and a variety of tasks; ability to prioritize urgent issues effectively; Strong analytic, verbal and written communication skills; Detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy and organizational skills; Able to effectively work as a team player as well as independently Excellent investigative, problem resolution, judgment and decision- making skills required; Excellent presentation and consultative skills, working with internal and external clients at various levels in the organization.
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: San Diego, CA
# of openings: 1
Employment duration: Full time
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Job Code: 915.180313.5358